[Zope-dev] who wants to maintain Zope 3?

Hanno Schlichting hannosch at hannosch.eu
Tue Apr 14 10:34:21 EDT 2009

Martin Aspeli wrote:
> Declaring things dead has a tendency to become a self-fulfilling
> prophecy, and probably not something we should do lightly.

I didn't mean to imply that we should declare Zope 3 dead based on this
mailing list thread. This is a big decision that might warrant a Zope
Foundation vote.

I'd merely suggest that if nobody responds to this thread announcing
interest in Zope 3 the app server, then it might be time to consider it
dead. Neither at PyCon nor during many of the last threads we found a
single user of Zope 3 the app server.

By now I count three people using Zope 3 for a small number of projects.
But none of them seems to have the resources to continue the maintenance
or future development of Zope 3.

If this turns out to be the only users of the Zope 3 app server, the
community and foundation might be better of making this public in form
of stopping to advertise Zope 3 on its websites and clearly stating that
this is a dead end.

Hanno