[Zope-dev] who wants to maintain Zope 3?

Fabio Tranchitella kobold at kobold.it
Tue Apr 14 11:29:58 EDT 2009

Hello,

* 2009-04-13 12:50, Hermann Himmelbauer wrote:
> > +1, to declaring Zope 3 dead. That should allow us to refactor the
> > remaining packages much more aggressively and reduce the dependencies.
>
> -1 from my standpoint. Two of my projects are fully based on the Zope 3
> server, and switching to something else would be quite some pain.

I fully agree: our company is based on zope3 technology, and we have at
least three big deployments based on zope3 (yes, the application server)
using ZODB and PostgreSQL/storm. I do not know in the details what would it
mean to switch to the zope toolkit/repoze/whatever is fashionable today,
but I suppose it would be quite painful for us.

If the question was "who is interested in zope3, the application server,
and willing to maintain it", I'd answer "me".

Best regards.

--
Fabio Tranchitella                         http://www.kobold.it
Free Software Developer and Consultant     http://www.tranchitella.it