[Zope-dev] who wants to maintain the Zope 3 ZMI?

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Apr 14 13:31:32 EDT 2009

Hey Fabio,

Fabio Tranchitella wrote:

> * 2009-04-14 18:35, Martijn Faassen wrote:
>> So, who finds the Zope 3 ZMI useful? What parts of it do you find useful?
>> Are you interested in helping maintain it?
>
> We use the ZMI to manage applications, where applications are instances of
> a content object stored in the ZODB. All in all, we manage applications in
> a similar way we manage plone sites in zope2.x.
>
> If this specific feature is going to be removed, I'm willing to support and
> maintain it.

Cool!

That's a quite limited use of the ZMI if I understand you correctly. I
use it that way as well too in pure Zope 3 settings.

Grok has a UI that *only* does that (well, besides introspection).

It might be an easier way to maintain this concept is to write a simple
UI for Zope 3 that only cares about installation of applications? It'd
be much less involved than all the ZMI code we currently have to worry
about.

Regards,

Martijn