[Zope-dev] who wants to maintain Zope 3?

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed Apr 15 07:10:33 EDT 2009

Hey,

Hermann Himmelbauer wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 15 April 2009 09:24:23 schrieb Martijn Faassen:
[snip]
>> * I'd recommend some people get together and focus on building a much
>> smaller, more tightly focused replacement of the ZMI that does the
>> things people find important but is just a single package (or a few).
>
> Hmmm, maybe it's a silly idea - but perhaps it would be possible to unify
> these efforts with Grok/repoze? Maybe develop something that's in the Zope
> toolkit and can be used on all these frameworks?

We could have an effort in the Zope Toolkit context to build a user
interface that can be shared between Grok and Zope 3 (and possibly Zope
2 at some point), or at least components that can be shared. It would
require a lot of coordination where now there is none however, and Grok
already has quite a bit (that is optional).

repoze.bfg to my knowledge has no UI at all.

Anyway, talking about such possible efforts won't do much if there isn't
someone who will actually drive this process. :)

Regards,

Martijn