[Zope-dev] Defining Zope 3.

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Apr 17 10:51:17 EDT 2009

Hey,

Lennart Regebro wrote:
> A more truthful story is that Zope Toolkit is a base for writing
> frameworks, and that one of those frameworks was Zope 3, now renamed
> to <something cool>. But the support in this thread for the previous
> story makes me wonder if we shouldn't push that, slightly more
> incorrect story, anyway. People seem to understand it. It's in this
> situation possible that it's better with a false story that people
> understand than a correct story that just adds to the confusion.

Yeah, I've been thinking the same. But I think it's even unclear what
the correct story is given the lack of interest people have in the Zope
3 project beyond what the toolkit offers.

I think Carsten says it well though, contrasting external and internal
communication, and not just making the term "Zope 3" disappear.

We should just retain the Zope 3 name to the outside world for the time
being, but de-emphasize it in our communication. We push Zope Toolkit a
lot more. If people want to get started using the toolkit, we point them
to Grok, BFG and Plone.

Regards,

Martijn