[Zope-dev] Proposal: Remove the dependency of zope.app.exception on zope.formlib

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Thu Apr 23 04:09:15 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-07 at 21:38 -0700, Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 April 2009, Michael Howitz wrote:
> > Any comments on this implementation?
>
> +1 from me, since I hate having zope.formlib around. However, this might be
> self-serving and we should hear from people not using newer UI patterns.
>
> > Should I do the include
> > <include package="z3c.template" file="meta.zcml" />
> > in zope.app.exception's configure.zcml or only in the ftesting.zcml?
>
> Just in ftesting.zcml should be fine in my opinion.

Honestly, I'm having trouble arguing for either scenario exclusively.

I'm somewhat expecting that doing

<include package="xy"/>

will cause this package to do everything it needs to activate its
configuration.

E.g. z3c.form is partially painful because one has to do the same work
over and over again in figuring out which depending libraries need to be
configured.

Christian Theune · ct at gocept.com