[Zope-dev] zope.index 3.5.2 broken

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Sun Aug 2 17:42:12 EDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 11:35 PM, Chris McDonough<chrism at plope.com> wrote:
> There's no way any release of Zope 2 should depend on zope.index, at least
> until its index implementations are as good as the ones in Zope 2 itself.  I
> don't know if in the short term (for a release) that means that the Zope 2
> test regime needs to change, or if the dependencies need to be fixed, or
> what.  In the medium term, we should fix the dependencies obviously.

Note that we only depend on zope.index via a test dependency of one of
our dependencies, so anyone downloading and installing the Zope2
distribution won't actually pull in zope.index. Even running the tests
for Zope2 itself won't need it. Only if you want to run the tests for
all dependencies of Zope2, like we do in our core development
buildout, you actually get it.

Hanno