[Zope-dev] IRC discussion about testing

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Aug 11 19:36:57 EDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 5:22 PM, Jim Fulton<jim at zope.com> wrote:
> - The versions specified in the controlled-packages.cfg don't seem to
>  be honored except for the package being tested. For example,
>  ZODB3-3.9.0b2 is used for test-kgs-ZODB3, but 3.9.0b5 is used for
>  everything else.  Fortunately, it appears I can work around this
>  using a buildout versions section.

Except that there's a bug in buildout that causes extras to be dropped
when versions are specified via a versions section.  This causes the
extras to be omitted from the test scripts. :( Hopefully, I'll get a
fixed buildout release out tomorrow.

The good news is that with a hacked buildout and a versions section, I
can run tests for all of the packages in
http://docs.zope.org/zopetoolkit/about/packages.html except for
zope.ucol.  I'm getting test failures in 5 packages. I suspect that
these are due to missing dependencies.

In playing with this today, I'm inclined to think that it would be
simpler to use a list of packages in an option to specify the packages
to be tested and used a versions section to specify versions, rather
than using a controlled-packages configuration file.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton