[Zope-dev] UnicodeDecodeError problems with Zope 2.12.0b4

Takayuki Shimizukawa shimizukawa at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 02:20:21 EDT 2009

Hi Chris.

2009/8/22 Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk>:
> The first type of problem occurs when a form is submitted and the form
> fields contain encoded strings. Somewhere down the line I get:

The first type, I don't know.

> The second type of problem only occurs in IE and Safari, where viewing a
> page that contains some non-ascii-able data:

The second type, (maybe) similer probrem reported to launchpad.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope2/+bug/160968

> - Why am I getting this decoding error only with these browsers? Firefox
> and Chrome work just fine... Is the publisher doing something special
> with a header these browsers send that IE and Safari are not? If so, how
> do I make it do the "right thing" for IE and Safari?

Are concerned that HTTP_ACCEPT_CHARSET http header will probably
not be sent from client browser (IE6,7, Safari).
When HTTP_ACCEPT_CHARSET not in HTTP request headers,
zope.publisher use UTF-8 encoding for publishing.

regards.
--
Takayuki Shimizukawa