[Zope-dev] Deprecated code in zope.location

Fabio Tranchitella kobold at kobold.it
Sat Aug 22 16:20:56 EDT 2009

Hello,

* 2009-08-21 21:15, Dan Korostelev wrote:
> > What about removing the use of zope.deferredimport from zope.location and
> > make a new major release of zope.location?
>
> +1, just change that to plain imports with # BBB comments.

Would it also be possible to remove the dependency of zope.location on
zope.copy? It is only needed to register an adapter for ICopyHook, which
can be made optional in the ZCML.

To me it looks a wise choice, because zope.location is well usable without
zope.copy, and if somebody needs the hook it is because he will be using
zope.copy, so he must depend on it.

I prepared these changes in a branch, can somebody review them?

svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/zope.location/branches/optional-zope.copy

Thanks,
Fabio