[Zope-dev] Product configuration in zope.app.wsgi

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Tue Aug 25 04:26:15 EDT 2009

On 2009-08-22, Uli Fouquet <uli at gnufix.de> wrote:

> As it turned out product configurations are not set with
> zope.app.wsgi (contrary, for instance, to zope.app.server).

[...snip...]

> Is there a special reason why that was not included in
> zope.app.wsgi?

My question exactly.

And this raises another question: if it wasn't included, is that
because there is a better way of handling configuration?

My goal is to have settings in buildout, outside the actual code
that uses it.  So I want to use buildout for setting mail hosts and
standard email recipients, stuff like that.

Using a template recipe to generate a file somewhere?  Stuff it into
the ini file that is used by paste?  More ideas?

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees - reinout at vanrees.org - http://reinout.vanrees.org
Software developer at http://www.thehealthagency.com