[Zope-dev] Proposal: zope.app.publisher refactoring

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Tue Aug 25 08:39:42 EDT 2009

Hi Michael

> Betreff: Re: AW: [Zope-dev] Proposal: zope.app.publisher refactoring
>
> Am 24.08.2009 um 22:55 schrieb Roger Ineichen:
> [...]
> > Everything which has to do with login has nothing to do in
> > z3c.layer.pagelet.
> > z3c.layer.pagelet should only offer a working setup for
> pagelet based
> > traversal stuff and error handling.
>
> Until we find a better place for it I'd like to keep it there
> as it is a basic implementation (ported from
> zope.app.security) of login/logout using pagelets/viewlets.
> It is the pagelet version of login/logout as the other parts
> are the pagelet version of error handling and traversal.

I was looking another time at the z3c.layer.pagelet package.

I agree that the added authentication support is usefull and
was missing in the first releases. The loginForm.html pagelet
should stay there. But we should move the viewlets to another
package since this is optional and another concept which is not
really needed by pagelets. e.g. z3c.authviewlet or so.

Another reason for moving this viewlets is that this login/
logout viewlets are usfull too without using pagelets.

Regards
Roger Ineichen