[Zope-dev] UnicodeDecodeError problems with Zope 2.12.0b4

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Sun Aug 30 07:01:56 EDT 2009

Am 30.08.2009, 12:51 Uhr, schrieb Andreas Jung <lists at zopyx.com>:

>> - Why am I getting this decoding error only with these browsers? Firefox
>> and Chrome work just fine... Is the publisher doing something special
>> with a header these browsers send that IE and Safari are not? If so, how
>> do I make it do the "right thing" for IE and Safari?

I thought this had been fixed? I'm pretty sure it's related to
'HTTP_ACCEPT_CHARSET' missing in the headers from IE and Safari and the
charset detector incorrectly extracting it from the REQUEST which is
always True for Zope 2.

zope.publisher.http.getPreferredCharsets() is where this magic happens.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Managing Director