[Zope-dev] Bootstrapping ZCA for Python 3.

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 10:24:57 EST 2009

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 15:46, Lennart Regebro <regebro at gmail.com> wrote:
> That doesn't seem to work. If I use discover withing setup.py, I get
> the same problems as using the standard setuptools testrunner. If I
> have a custom script that I run to run the tests, the tests seem to
> get stuck in some sort of infinite regression and never end.
>
> It's really strange that running tests with setuptools fails. I think
> the best way forward is to try to figure out why, but I have no idea
> when or if I'm able to do that.

The problem here is that the tests for the test runner assumes that
the tests are run via the test script created by the buildout, and
must call that script to test itself. This needs to be changed,
somehow. I'll think about it, and see if I can come up with a
solution.

http://regebro.wordpress.com/
+33 661 58 14 64