[Zope-dev] Possible Zope 2.12 regression - Five page templates use restrictedTraverse for TAL

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 03:49:35 EST 2009

On 13/12/09 10:52, Tres Seaver wrote:

> Doesn't smell like a regression to me:  the code there hasn't changed in
> a good long while.  Can you write a test case for it, so that we can
> test against earlier versions?

Aha! http://codespeak.net/pipermail/z3-five/2007q2/002185.html

This is the same problem.

You said:

"This is becuase
'Products.PageTemplates.Expression.createTrustedZopeEngine' only trusts
'python:' expressions;  path traversal is still governed by
'boboAwareZopeTraverse', which uses 'restrictedTraverse'."

and then:

"As it turns out, it is only "partially trusted."  The attached patch
should make them "really trusted", at least for path expressions;  does
it help?  I haven't added any tests, although my 2.10 branch checkout
does pass all tests with this change"

The attachment is here:

http://codespeak.net/pipermail/z3-five/attachments/20070506/7f8a9ea8/attachment.bin

I'm going to poke around a Zope 2.12 checkout for a bit to see what
sense I can make of this.

Martin