[Zope-dev] zope.testing.doctestunit and BBB

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Mon Dec 21 16:23:14 EST 2009

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 07:41:24PM +0100, Lennart Regebro wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 13:20, Marius Gedminas <marius at gedmin.as> wrote:
> > Can you please make it a PendingDeprecationWarning first?
>
> Yeah, I guess, but why?

Because I hate it when my code emits DeprecationWarnings, and I wasn't
sure I could throw a switch and migrate to stdlib's doctest.py today
without extensive tests/preparation.

Key word being "wasn't".

I migrated my codebase to use stdlib's doctest.py today, and nothing
broke, to my surprise.  Even coverage support continues to work fine (at
some point just having 'import doctest' could make bin/test --coverage
forget about half the code it's seen).

So, I'm fine with a DeprecationWarning.

Marius Gedminas