[Zope-dev] SVN: Zope/trunk/ Moved zope.formlib / zope.app.form integration into a separate package called five.formlib.

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Sun Dec 27 10:03:11 EST 2009

On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 3:10 PM, Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com> wrote:
> Hanno Schlichting wrote:
>> Is deprecating in 2.13 and removal in 2.14 ok? Or does anyone have a
>> different preference? Is it ok to backport this to 2.12?
>
> +1 to dropping it in Zope 2.13:  folks who are using it will
> just need to add one egg to their buildouts (or their install_requires)
> and adjust imports, right?  Anyway, in the interests of getting to a
> clean "runs on ZTK" label sticker on the box, "onward and upward."

Ok. I'm in favor of that. I'd only do it if we backport this stuff to
2.12, so you get at least one release with deprecation warnings. I'd
be willing to adjust CMF to use all the new imports ;)

I think it also might be a good idea to move some of the formlib
helper classes from CMF into the five.formlib package. There's some
helper classes for property conversion and such, which should be more
low-level.

Andreas, any objections to this backport?

Hanno