[Zope-dev] removing zope.app from the ZTK

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Tue Dec 29 16:03:12 EST 2009

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 9:54 PM, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> And let's please not turn this around: I'm not putting anything *in*.
> Something was *removed*. Let's remove it responsibly. Not just disclaim
> responsibility and drop it all.

So far I defined the ZTK based on what we wrote on
http://docs.zope.org/zopetoolkit/about/coreextra.html.

I never considered those zope.app packages to be part of the ZTK. For
me that was only a technical implementation detail on how to actually
get to something that fullfils those criteria about core packages.

But it seems our understanding is different and you want the
responsibility of moving Zope 3 users over to the ZTK to be the
responsibility of the ZTK. I don't agree with that, but that's my
problem :)

To be able to make more actual progress I moved Zope2 off the toolkit
for now and we'll continue on our own. If at some point the ZTK offers
a package set, that is actually anywhere close to what Zope2 uses, we
can consider using it again. From my Zope2/Plone perspective I'm just
not interested at all in any zope.app code anymore.

Hanno