[Zope-dev] removing zope.app from the ZTK

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 16:41:41 EST 2009

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 4:04 PM, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> But right now we need to provide some guidance for how people can move
> away from these packages in a sane manner. And we should make sure we
> continue to test the zope.app.* packages when we make ZTK changes, for
> the time being.
>
> Let's work out a plan and a timeline.

I think we disagree as to the scale of what's needed still.

I'd be happy to see a copy of the ZTK tree get made to some
recognizable name ("ZATK", for "Zope App Toolkit", would suffice), let
Hanno commit his removal of the zope.app packages from the ZTK, and
then make the ZATK refer to that version of the ZTK instead of
including it directly.

The only timeline that's needed is the order of the commits.

If there's anyone who wants to maintain the new bastard-stepchild,
they're free to step forward.  There's no obligation on the part of
the ZTK maintainers to do that, nor should there be.

That's the whole point.

  -Fred