[Zope-dev] zope.testing 3.8.6 emits deprecation warnings from itself?

Fabio Tranchitella kobold at kobold.it
Tue Dec 29 16:55:37 EST 2009

* 2009-12-29 21:54, Marius Gedminas wrote:
>   * Fabio Tranchitella is working to make the zope.testing.doctest
>     deprecation warning useful by doing scary things like converting
>     zope.testing.doctest from a module into a package that has all the
>     code in __init__.py.  He asked for a review of his changes.  I'm too
>     scared to do that.
>
>   * Meanwhile there are discussions about issues switching from old
>     zope.testing.doctest to stdlib's doctest with Windows and newlines.

Note that the current trunk of zope.testing is already using the standard
doctest; zope.testing.doctest is still there for backward compatibility,
and emits a single deprecation warning at import time. We were considering
about switching to a deprecation warning issued at each usage of
zope.testing.doctest.{DocFileSuite,DocTestSuite}, though.

I tested the whole ZTK (hey, with the zope.app.* packages too :)) and
there were no regressions.

I'd love if somebody would review my changes, though, and help me to make a
release.

Fabio