[Zope-dev] removing zope.app from the ZTK

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Tue Dec 29 18:45:49 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 12:11 AM, Martijn Faassen
<faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> I think a zopeapp KGS that will help them transition existing code from
> Zope 2.12 to Zope 2.13 in working condition would be helpful to Zope 2
> users.

Not really. Zope 2.12 is exactly that transitionary release defining a
KGS for everything that was included in Zope 2.11 (~3.4.1). We already
have our version of the "zopeapp" KGS with that. Everyone else is free
to reuse this KGS, but so far nobody was interested in it. It reflects
the status of zope.*/zope.app.* a couple months back. With Plone 4
based on this KGS, we are going to maintain it for the next couple of
years. It's not completely zope.app-free but close enough to make the
jump to 2.13 trivial for Zope2 projects.

> Why not maintain such a list together instead of letting everybody
> figure this out themselves? It's not always easy to make sure you have
> the right packages. We were maintaining this list together, until very
> recently.

The list we were maintaining together, was what I thought to be the
KGS *after* the transition period.

Hanno