[Zope-dev] Progress on zope intid/keyreference.

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Sun Feb 1 03:56:22 EST 2009

On Sun, 1 Feb 2009 02:10:00 +0300
Dan Korostelev <nadako at gmail.com> wrote:

> I also just checked in a hack to make old keyreference objects
> loadable if zope.app.keyreference is gone because a buildout doesn't
> depend on it after upgrade:
>
> http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/checkins/2009-January/029890.html
>
> I wonder if that kind of quick hack is okay to be released for the
> renamed package like zope.keyreference until we have a tool for
> upgrading ZODB objects properly. May be there are any side-effects
> that I don't know of?

An alternative solution would be that people who have stuff in their
databases that need it add zope.app.keyreference to their list of
dependencies temporarily.

It's a bit problematic in the sense that they might not have a direct
dependency to zope.app.keyreference in their application but an
indirect one which changed.

We definitely didn't add that kind of code to our new packages and to
me it doesn't look very appealing too although my alternative isn't
great either.

Christian

Christian Theune · ct at gocept.com