[Zope-dev] snakebite

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Sun Feb 1 16:03:41 EST 2009

Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Saturday 31 January 2009, Martijn Faassen wrote:
>> Would people be interested in working on making use of this platform? We
>> could use it for testing of a wide range of packages. Perhaps the ZODB
>> would be an interesting package to start with. If so we should approach
>> snakebite to see whether we can get on board.
>
> I would be interested in testing the various KGS versions on the various
> Python versions and platforms.

I think it would be good if we (also?) ran the compat tests, which run
the tests for each package in isolation with only the required
dependencies installed. This can highlight other issues (such as missing
dependencies).

I think we'd need to do this for various KGS versions and possibly also
a combination for the most recent releases and the trunk.

Anyway, if we want this, we need someone (or a group of people) to drive
this. I can help contact the snakebite people if we think a formal "this
is the Zope Foundation here" would help.

Regards,

Martijn