[Zope-dev] Plans for Zope 2.12

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Feb 6 07:47:03 EST 2009

Tres Seaver wrote:
> Ugh.  -1 to any attempt to use "space suits" in Z2.  I would rather move
> to a model which made it easy to mark some / all TTW objects as
> "trusted", disabling security checks altogether:  the "untrusted users
> can edit TTW code" use case is pretty much irrelevant for any site I
> have worked on, with the exception of "old Zope.org", in ten years of
> working with Zope.

Well yeah, but there's two cases which I bump into a lot:

- semi-trusted and clued users editting ttw

- paranoia over damage to anything other than the ZODB in the case of a
TTW site having its auth compromised. (eg: someone writing their
password on a post-it note)

For both of these, RestrictedPython working as advertising would be a
"good thing"...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk