[Zope-dev] Overhauling the Zope 2 presentation on zope.org

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 04:14:57 EST 2009

Lennart Regebro wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 05:14, Martin Aspeli <optilude+lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The new.zope.org initiative died because no-one could write any content.
>> Even then 5-10 pages of content requires for a very basic microsite was
>> too much, and several separate calls for volunteers produced almost no
>> actual content, even if several people showed an interest.
>
> Where did you ask for volunteers? I don't remember seeing in on
> zope-web, but I could have missed it or just forgot.

zope-web and this list.

> My attitude has always been, and is still: Build it and they will
> come. We don't need content, we need a site. Besides, the current
> state is, and has for a long time been, almost worse than having no
> site at all, and definitely worse than having a couple of microsites
> even if these have almost no content.

That was the idea. It wasn't supposed to be big at all. I'm just saying
that at the time, no-one seemed to put it high enough on their list of
priorities to actually write any content. I really hope that's changed.

>> Another observation: the thing that most people seem to want to make a
>> site about was the ZODB. We nearly had enough content for a ZODB
>> microsite thanks to Christian Theune and a few others.
>
> If there is one page, then that's enough. Hence, there should have
> been a zodb.zope.org by now.

:-/

Please go make this happen if you can. It's very important. I can't anymore.

Martin