[Zope-dev] zope.publisher dependencies

Hanno Schlichting hannosch at hannosch.eu
Tue Feb 24 13:39:35 EST 2009

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Hanno Schlichting wrote:
> [snip]
>> P.S. See http://hannosch.eu/dependencies/zope/zope.publisher.svg for the
>> dependency graph ;)
>
> That's a cool resource! (the general dependencies folder there)
>
> Are you removing indirect dependencies before generating the graphs?

Yep. Those are the version with transitive dependencies removed. I work
on this mostly from a Plone perspective, where the full versions are
just utterly unreadable.

But for actual code refactoring and dependency reduction on the zope.*
level the full versions are indeed more useful. I added them now.

The full horror of formlib is available as
http://hannosch.eu/dependencies/zope/zope.formlib-full.svg

> I highly recommend the use graphviz's sccmap to detect clusters of
> strongly connected components. Circular dependencies are one of our true
> problems and this tool can help you identify them.

I'll check that out, thanks.

Hanno