[Zope-dev] SVN: zope.app.openidconsumer/ New library for OpenID auth in Zope 3

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Feb 24 15:37:14 EST 2009

On Feb 24, 2009, at 3:17 PM, Shane Hathaway wrote:

> Martijn Faassen wrote:
>> One question: why is this in zope.app? I think there's a consensus
>> we're
>> trying to pull as much from zope.app as possible.
>
>> Is this going to provide a ZMI UI at all? If not, I'd suggest
>> putting it
>> in zope.*
>
> I admit I'm being lazy here.  It seems like zope.app is a dumping
> ground
> for packages with muddy dependencies.  I didn't want to work out the
> dependency list yet. :-)
>
> I do have some justification though: it depends on IAuthentication,
> which is in zope.app.security.  Still, I suspect IAuthentication needs
> to be moved out of zope.app.security.

I agree that it shouldn't go in zope.app.  I believe I suggested
putting this in zc.openid, although I'm fine with zope.openid.

Placement is more a function of project or originating organization,
rather than dependencies.  The top-level package is determined by the
project/organization.  Normally, there should be only 2 levels of
packages. (I screwed up with the zc.recipes package, for example.)

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation