[Zope-dev] Zope.pipeline proposal

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Feb 26 06:30:39 EST 2009

Hi there,

One issue I have with using paste deploy's pipeline configuration for
"endware" is that such configuration sometimes really wants to be part
of a library. I.e. I don't want to configure a tower of endwares each
time I write an application, I want to reuse some premade configuration
that comes along with some released library.

This as opposed to middleware. The middleware is generic across WSGI
servers and the person who decides to use it is frequently the
developer. That said, there's likely a grey area between the two.

Perhaps there's a way you can use paste's mechanism and ship it in a
library. If not, you'll end up stacking together WSGI's in Python code.
I can then see the benefit in a declarative version of this that can
ship along with a library. With the right application of grokkers that
could probably be made to look very compact too. :)

Regards,

Martijn