[Zope-dev] Proposal: merge zc.configuration's exclude directive into zope.configuration.

Dan Korostelev nadako at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 06:43:24 EST 2009

2009/2/26 Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com>:
> Dan Korostelev wrote:
>> The "exclude" directive provided by zc.configuration package is easy
>> to use and straightforward. I think it's used almost in every
>> zope-based application setup.
>
> I highly doubt so; I don't find myself using it a lot myself, for
> instance. :)

Well, may be, really not in "every app", but it's still used alot. :-)

> (note though that including an extra "meta.zcml" can be avoided if you
> make use of the z3c.autoinclude library)

Yep, I know about z3c.autoinclude, but I don't like it, as it makes
things more implicit and it also slows down startup time for
applications that uses many eggs. I'd like to see an option for
packages that are using z3c.autoinclude to make autoincluding
conditional, so those who doesn't like it or needs more control could
just turn it off.

--
WBR, Dan Korostelev