[Zope-dev] extracting things out of zope.app.component

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Tue Jan 27 13:58:24 EST 2009

Hi,

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 19:49:16 +0100
Hanno Schlichting <hannosch at hannosch.eu> wrote:

> [... nice eggdeps and graphviz info ...]
>
> tred and dot are part of graphviz. If you happen to run Mac OS and use
> MacPorts you need to install graphviz-devel instead of the graphviz
> port for tred to work. In the latest stable graphviz port tred is
> broken.

We're doing that already, but thanks for the pointer. One thing we
found is that tred makes the graphs way to nice and doesn't hint you at
the problematic points.  We manually isolated packages that we find
sufficiently 'nice' and ignore those manually (like zope.interface).
After that the graph only contains the messy parts but becomes a bit
more readable.

Christian

Christian Theune · ct at gocept.com