[Zope-dev] zope.security changes

Dan Korostelev nadako at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 16:29:45 EST 2009

2009/1/29 Marius Gedminas <marius at gedmin.as>:
> On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 06:42:58PM +0100, Martijn Faassen wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> In the dependency cleanup effort we've got going on at the Grok
>> cavesprint here at my house, we have moved code around some more.
>>
>> zope.security was already defining ZCML directives so we've moved the
>> <class> directive from zope.app.component and and the <module>
>> directive from zope.app.security into zope.security as well. These only
>> need things that are in zope.security already (or its dependencies) and
>> the directives are about security declarations, so they seem to fit
>> quite well into their new place.
>
> Sounds good!
>
> What about the other use case of <class>, i.e. declaring implemented
> interfaces, as in
>
>  <class class=".foreignmodule.SomeClass">
>    <implements interface=".interfaces.ISomeInterface" />
>  </class>

+1. That's kinda strange to have it in zope.security.

I think, the better place to move zcml directives is zope.component,
as it already depends on zope.security for the zcml support and the
"class" directive also has component-related "factory" subdirective
which declared in zope.component.

--
WBR, Dan Korostelev