[Zope-dev] snakebite

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Sat Jan 31 05:55:47 EST 2009

Hi there,

Recently there was a project called snakebite revealed:

http://www.snakebite.org/

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-committers/2009-January/000331.html

It's basically a whole bunch of machines that open source projects, in
particular Python related ones, can make use of for testing. It's
essentially a buildbot farm as I understand it.

The announcement says:

"Every CPython, Jython, IronPython and PyPy committer will have access
to every development server on the network. I’ve also extended the
offer to prominent Python projects like Django and Twisted."

I think the Zope project counts as a "prominent Python project" and we
have a lot of interesting code to test, so perhaps they'll let us in. :)

Would people be interested in working on making use of this platform? We
could use it for testing of a wide range of packages. Perhaps the ZODB
would be an interesting package to start with. If so we should approach
snakebite to see whether we can get on board.

Regards,

Martijn