[Zope-dev] zope.app.keyreference, zope.app.intid and zope.app.catalog

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Sat Jan 31 07:30:49 EST 2009

Hi,

On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 15:11:44 +0300
Dan Korostelev <nadako at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/1/31 Christian Theune <ct at gocept.com>:
> > WRT the ZODB issues: I've started working on a 'touch' tool for ZODB
> > that analyzes (pickle-based) storages for class references which are
> > missing in your code base and (if all class references exist) can
> > touch all objects that reference classes from indirect imports.
>
> Yeah, I saw some commits on that thing. Looking forward for it to be
> developed!
>
> > Just a note: Martijn and I are currently trying to stabilize the
> > zope.* trunks to get releases out. I think we should try to avoid
> > stepping on each others toes here.
>
> Well, I chose packages that are kind of separated from most of "zope
> the application" packages, because there aren't many packages that
> depend on either zope.app.catalog or zope.app.intid/keyreference. So I
> think we can do that work at the same time. However, it may be better
> to wait for zope.container to be released before starting working on
> intid and catalog?

I'm just trying to be defensive on the release front. We're trying to
get our changes released ASAP and I'd just like to avoid having some
packages not in a releasable state at that point. OTOH we're kind of
stuck as we're mostly disassembling right now ... grml.

Martijn?  What do you say?

Christian

Christian Theune · ct at gocept.com