[Zope-dev] Some thoughts on KGS

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Jul 2 07:19:56 EDT 2009

I think the KGS should define 3 categories of packages:

- ZTK packages

   These are packages we maintain and expect people to build things on.

- Test packages

    These are packages that build on the ZTK. These are used to test
the ZTK packages, but aren't part
    of the ZTK.

- dependencies of ZTK packages or test packages.

   Note that the ZTK should probably avoid non-third-party
dependencies that are not
   part of the ZTK. There are some fuzzy cases, like ZODB and ZConfig.

I propose that any test infrastructure we come up with needs to handle
these 3 cases.  In any cases, the test infrastructure needs to fix
version for all of the categories of packages and there needs to be a
formal process (uh, like tests passing :) for updating the
configuration.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton