[Zope-dev] zope.app.module, zope.app.interface and zodb in KGS?

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Jul 2 09:41:46 EDT 2009

On Jul 2, 2009, at 7:58 AM, Hanno Schlichting wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 12:30 PM, Jim Fulton<jim at zope.com> wrote:
>> zope.app.module provides support for persistemt modules.
>> zope.app.interface provides support for persistent interfaces. Both
>> rely on a highly experimental zodbcode.  I don't have a problem with
>> these being projects, but I don't think they should be in the KGS.  I
>> don't think we should commit to supporting them, at least not as part
>> of the KGS. Does anyone disagree?
>
> +10 on removing those from the KGS.
>
> Right now both zope.app.zapi

This was deprecated a long time ago.

I think we should remove it from the kgs.  Is anyone using it?

> and zope.app.zcmlfiles still have a hard
> dependency on zope.app.interface though.

I don't think zope.app.zcml files should be in it either.  It was
intended as a bridge to get us from teh monolith world to the new
world.  Perhaps zope.app.zcml files should become a sort of meta
package for some working set of the things it depends on, at some
revision at which it worked, perhaps corresponding to the 3.4.0
release/kgs.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton