[Zope-dev] Simplifying dependencies of zope.app.publisher

Fabio Tranchitella kobold at kobold.it
Wed Jul 8 17:09:10 EDT 2009

Hello,

I'm sorry if I am flooding the list with all my requests/messages, but I
don't want to introduce changes without approval of more experienced zope
developers.

I was analyzing zope.app.publisher, and I found that it would be possible
to remove its dependency on zope.container because the latter is only used
in zope/app/publisher/xmlrpc/configure.zcml to declare thee views like
this:

  <view
      for="zope.container.interfaces.IItemContainer"
      type="zope.publisher.interfaces.xmlrpc.IXMLRPCRequest"
      provides="zope.publisher.interfaces.xmlrpc.IXMLRPCPublisher"
      factory="zope.container.traversal.ItemTraverser"
      permission="zope.Public"
      />

I think these snippets should me moved to zope.container's configure.zcml,
where we already have other traversers.

Do you agree with this change?

--
Fabio Tranchitella                         http://www.kobold.it