[Zope-dev] HA storage for zope

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Wed Jun 3 06:42:04 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 01:04, Miles Waller <miles at jamkit.com> wrote:
> 1. RelStorage
> Using this, I think I can then take care of replication/mirroring as I have
> access to a database that is already clustered in a HA environment.  My
> questions are:
>  + Are the connections opened only when zope is started?  Say I unplugged a
> network cable and then plugged it back in again (breaking the database
> connection) - will it be re-opened?
>  + How does RelStorage take care of the blob storage?

Hanno answered these 2 already.

>  + Are there any details of big sites out there that use RelStorage
> (particularly on Oracle)?

The Elkjøp intranet cluster currently runs on 4 machines with 4
clients each, plus a maintenance client on a 5th machine. Varnish and
fail-over rigged load balancers complete the cluster. Currently there
are 100k+ content objects and 7k active users using this intranet
(plus another 3k inactive).

--
Martijn Pieters