[Zope-dev] ZCatalog and indexes cleanup

yuppie y.2009 at wcm-solutions.de
Mon Jun 29 06:48:40 EDT 2009

Hi!

I did plan to work on a small catalog improvement, but after looking at
the code I'd like to do some cleanup first:

1.) remove the deprecated TextIndex

The deprecation warning says:
'Using TextIndex is deprecated (will be removed in Zope '
'2.12). Use ZCTextIndex instead.'

2.) remove CHANGES.txt, README.txt and version.txt from Products/ZCatalog

These files seem to be obsolete.

3.) remove security declarations from ZCTextIndex and DateRangeIndex

All the other indexes don't have security declarations. AFAICS there is
no way to access indexes from untrusted code without having the 'Manage
ZCatalogIndex Entries' permission.

4.) add 'indexSize' to IPluggableIndex and implement it where missing

ZCatalog uses that method and most indexes implement it already.

If there are no objections, I'll make these changes on the 2.12 branch
and the trunk.

Cheers,

	Yuppie