[Zope-dev] Making PersistentList satisfy zope.schema.List

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Tue Jun 30 17:04:49 EDT 2009

Hi Paul

I think it's different. If you use a zope.schem.List field
the widgets will store the list at once. This whould replace
the initial created PeristentList. (or not?)

In general if you store a simple list as attribute on a
persistent class it's fine, everything is stored.

If you like to append or pop from this list, then yes, you
will need a PersistentList otherwise the changes in the
list are not stored back to the DB. (right?)

Fazit,
the zope.schema.List field and the Sequence widget
is not compatible with initial PersitentList beause
the widget will probably replace the list with a
simple list.

Note, I'm not 100% sure if I'm correct. But it is at
least something which we have to make sure that this
is working.

Regards
Roger Ineichen