[Zope-dev] the Zope Framework project

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Mon Mar 2 15:57:58 EST 2009

Chris McDonough wrote at 2009-3-2 12:11 -0500:
>I'm pretty sure a steering group and a rebranding of existing software is not
>going to make us more effective.

+ 1

> Here's what I believe would make us more
>effective:
>
>- encouraging radical change for experimentation purposes, releasing folks from
>  various constraints (backwards compatibility

- 1

I think that a high level of backward compatibility is important.
You do not want to continously rewrite your applications because
the framework continously drifts away....

> style policing, historical
>  ownership)

+ 1

>- discourage the contribution of stop energy (discourage
>  the utterances of "don't", "stop", "this is wrong",
>  "stop talking about this").

+ 1

... although I quite often complain about changes (such as the removal
of ZClasses, the (temporary) removal of the logging interface, ....)

--
Dieter