[Zope-dev] the Zope Framework project

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 02:35:32 EST 2009

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 04:13, Martin Aspeli <optilude+lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> I wonder what Lennart's solution would be too... Taking a page out of
> Plone's history:

I was evidently unclear:

My solution is in three parts:

1. Areas that need somebody responsible should get one. We need
somebody to bug people about bugs in the bug tracker. That should be
one person, for example. Responsibilities need to be well defined and
individual. There isn't anybody called Someone here, so if Someone has
to do it, that doesn't get done.

2. To get things done release-wise, I think it would be good to have a
release-team for each release. And that would reasonable be different
teams for Zope2 and Zope 3, and possibly even for The  Zope Framework,
obviously most likely with personnel overlaps.

3. To steer, and keep the community on track, I think regular meetings
of people in real life will beat any steering group, all hands down.
This would best happen at the same time as a conference, and either
the Plone conference or PyCon or Europython.

I think this will give us enough steering. We aren't as many people as
for example Plone or Python. Maybe, if we get everybody on track, we
will be, and then we'll have to rethink. But currently the people
involved, and the people that need to be "steered" are so few we can
fit them all into one room at a time. And then I do not see why would
would need a steering group.

--
Lennart Regebro: Pythonista, Barista, Notsotrista.
http://regebro.wordpress.com/