[Zope-dev] the Zope Framework project

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Tue Mar 3 10:22:05 EST 2009

On Monday 02 March 2009, Chris Withers wrote:
> Adam GROSZER wrote:
> > Someone releases a new package version and your project just break the
> > next day. That's a nightmare.
>
> That shouldn't happen with individual package releases where releases
> are done sensibly.

Let me tell you from experience: Before the KGS we had exactely this problem.
No carefully crafted release can male up for that. And if a single package
pins versions generically, then you stall development. We also had that
ha[[en before the KGS came around. Both reasons actually promted my to do the
KGS in the first place.

In general, and not specific to you Chris, I think that unless you have
managed a large set of packages, you should shut up and listen.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter