[Zope-dev] the Zope Framework project

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 05:24:20 EST 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 10:56, Hermann Himmelbauer <dusty at qwer.tk> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 04 März 2009 10:25:19 schrieb Lennart Regebro:
>> On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 10:04, Hermann Himmelbauer <dusty at qwer.tk> wrote:
>> > What I don't see in your proposal is, how these subset-groups would be
>> > coordinated, which leads to the following:
>> > - How does some foreigner know, if a package is actively supported,
>> > umaintaned, deprecated etc.? How does he know, what packages exist, what
>> > they are good for and the like? For instance, I yesterday wrote that I
>> > use lovely.remotetask, then I was asked on the list why I did not use the
>> > (maybe better) zc.async package. Know why? I did not know that it
>> > existed.
[...]
>> The steering group would not and could not help with any of these problems.
>
> Why? Can you elaborate? Who/what group woud play that central/integrating
> role? Maybe we have different perceptions of a "steering group", but my
> impression was that this group would see the above points as their key
> topics.

I don't think it's possible, and it seems to me to be a rather strange
idea to have a group keep track of all the packages in the Zope world
and somehow categorize them by quality.

And it is in any case in no way even remotely connected to the group
Martijn proposed and has been discussed in this thread.

--
Lennart Regebro: Pythonista, Barista, Notsotrista.
http://regebro.wordpress.com/