[Zope-dev] the Zope Framework project

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 12:15:45 EST 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 18:03, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> I'd like there to be someone who can make this decision and I'd like
> this someone to usually make *positive* decisions that work towards
> resolving the underlying issue, while coordinating with everybody that
> is impacted by this decision.

But we know pretty much who is impacted by this, and the people with
enough gravitas to be able to say Yay or Nay to these sorts of
refactoring. And they are all on this list. And if there was a
Steering Group, most of them would need to be on that group.

If it's impossible for these people to agree when discussing on this
mailing list today, why would the suddenly agree on this mailing list
if we call them The Zope Framework Steering Group? I really don't
understand that.

I think it is WAY more likely that we get agreement and come forward
if we first of all stop having the internet between us. We all know
how easy it is to misunderstand intentions and tone of voices on
mailing lists as compared to real life.

And if it *still* is impossible for these people to agree, then I
can't see the Steering Group working either, and then we need a new
dictator. But I don't think that's needed, because the technical
disagreements we have here are so minor, and seems mostly based in
massinderstindung.

--
Lennart Regebro: Pythonista, Barista, Notsotrista.
http://regebro.wordpress.com/