[Zope-dev] zope3docs -> zopeframework?

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Thu Mar 5 02:24:44 EST 2009

On Wed, 2009-03-04 at 20:50 +0100, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 8:05 PM, Dan Korostelev <nadako at gmail.com> wrote:
> [snip
> > Well, that docs are currently not necessarily about the "zope
> > framework" (as far as I understood what's "zope framework" now), but
> > more about general development guidelines applied to any package in
> > zope svn (except the "migration" section, maybe), but I personally
> > don't have any objections, as it's still easy to find those docs and
> > that's the most important. :-)
>
> I think following the Zope Framework model we should make these
> documents just apply to the source files in the Zope Framework, and
> let them serve as an example for other files. There's nobody who can
> *enforce* compliance though. Besides, lots of those guidelines won't
> apply to Zope 2 code anyway as far as I know.
>
> Well, there is a group that could force compliance for the entire
> repository, and that's the Zope Foundation (soon), but they care only
> about a few basic things.

When I started putting in those documents I named it zope3docs initially
although I suspected that they would apply to what now became the Zope
Framework. The migration document would ne a slight revamp though, as we
don't have Zope Framework releases, yet.

As Dan pointed out, some of those documents are a bit more general than
Zope Framework, but, then again, they're also more general than Zope 3.
So even for that its better to have them in the Zope Framework area than
Zope 3.

Christian

Christian Theune · ct at gocept.com