[Zope-dev] Proposals: more refactoring

Dan Korostelev nadako at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 13:07:18 EST 2009

I'd like to continue moving code to saner places, so here's two more
little ideas on next refactorings:

- Move password managers from zope.app.authentication to a new
package, like zope.password. They are really useful in any
authentication system, even not related to "zope3 the app server" or
zodb at all. That move will ease the reuse of password
encoding/checking mechanism in other authentication software, so
people won't need to install anything but password manager and
zope.interface. The zope.schema is also needed for the password
manager vocabulary, but I'm not sure if the vocabulary should go to
the new package, because it adds a dependency on zope.schema. What do
people think?

- Move the functionality of zope.app.principalannotation to new
package, zope.principalannotation, leaving only appsetup bootstrap
subscriber and browser menu item, as well as compatibility imports in
the original package.

I'd volunteer to do that little refactorings, if noone objects.

--
WBR, Dan Korostelev