[Zope-dev] Proposal: refactoring of zope.app.security

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed Mar 11 12:07:38 EDT 2009

Dan Korostelev wrote:
> 2009/3/11 Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com>:
[snip]
>> You would expect from the naming that bits of zope.app.authentication
>> would end up in zope.authentication as well.
>
> Yep, that can be expected from the naming, but really,
> zope.app.authentication is just one of implementations, like
> z3c.authenticator and we need a package that contains IAuthentication
> interface & co. that are currently contained in zope.app.security. I
> think that there's no better name for that package than
> zope.authentication.

Yes, I imagine it'll be more likely in some pluggableauthentication
package in the end (without the ZMI bits).

> I agree. However, may be the better name is
> zope.pluggableauthentication? Anyway, that can be done later. There's
> no need to touch zope.app.authentication to do zope.app.security
> refactorings, when zope.password is now extracted

Agreed that we can do this later. Let's do this in steps as much as we
can anyway! Your proposed name is a bit long and therefore unwieldy, and
pluggableauth is comprehensible enough, but I really don't care that
much about it. Anyway, later. :)

Regards,

Martijn