[Zope-dev] snakebite

Adam GROSZER agroszer at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 05:46:12 EDT 2009

Hey Martijn,

Any chance on beating on this? Or somewhere else to have a buildbot
slave on win32?

Just touched zc.buildout trunk and it seems to fail miserably on
win32.

Saturday, January 31, 2009, 11:55:47 AM, you wrote:

MF> Hi there,

MF> Recently there was a project called snakebite revealed:

MF> http://www.snakebite.org/

MF> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-committers/2009-January/000331.html

MF> It's basically a whole bunch of machines that open source projects, in
MF> particular Python related ones, can make use of for testing. It's
MF> essentially a buildbot farm as I understand it.

MF> The announcement says:

MF> "Every CPython, Jython, IronPython and PyPy committer will have access
MF> to every development server on the network. I’ve also extended the
MF> offer to prominent Python projects like Django and Twisted."

MF> I think the Zope project counts as a "prominent Python project" and we
MF> have a lot of interesting code to test, so perhaps they'll let us in. :)

MF> Would people be interested in working on making use of this platform? We
MF> could use it for testing of a wide range of packages. Perhaps the ZODB
MF> would be an interesting package to start with. If so we should approach
MF> snakebite to see whether we can get on board.

MF> Regards,

MF> Martijn

Best regards,
 Adam GROSZER                            mailto:agroszer at gmail.com
--
Quote of the day:
It is simple dogmatism that would deny immortality; on scientific grounds at any rate, we have not the knowledge to take up such an attitude.