[Zope-dev] Please use launchpad bugtracking/blueprints more

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Wed Mar 25 12:41:27 EDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-03-25 at 15:54 +0100, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I'm okay with using launchpad more, though I do think we shouldn't
> underestimate the power of a mailbox (I use gmane and a newsreader
> myself :) and a document with decisions recorded. People can simply
> bring up an issue again if it hasn't resolved itself, after all. I
> really don't want people to have to struggle through launchpad just to
> bring up an issue.
>

> Anyway, if the steering group wants launchpad to be used more, we'll
> have to get specific.
>
> Steering group members can do in two ways:
>
> * put issues in launchpad ourselves.
>
> * we suggest to people to put *particular* issues in launchpad during
> discussions here.
>
> This will work much better than general calls to use launchpad. :)

I'm happy to ask people to put stuff into launchpad. However, I think
that if a topic goes onto the washing list of the steering group, it
should definitely go into launchpad. The document we maintain in SVN
already asks whether it should better live in LP and I think it should.

Yeesh. I so wish I could be at PyCon to discuss some of that face to
face.

Christian

Christian Theune · ct at gocept.com