[Zope-dev] trying out the buildout-based Zope 2.12...

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Sun Mar 29 11:55:42 EDT 2009

Andreas Jung wrote:
>> I think an implementation of a better dependency resolution strategy in
>> buildout would be a good place to start.  I think some limited
>> backtracking could go a long way. Anyone interested in working on this?
>
> Why would that be a functionality of zc.buildout? I think this belongs
> into a lower layer like setuptools (or whatever is coming after it).

I agree.

If you're proposing fixing it in buildout because getting changes made
to setuptools and then getting a release of setuptools made is damned
near impossible, then that's sad state of affairs for the whole python
community :-(

What progress was made at the language summit wrt to getting setuptools
to a place where it's more than just Phil Eby who can actually do stuff
to it?

Chris